New to drones? Looking to bolster your aerial photography skills, or start a drone mapping business? Be sure to check out Udemy.com today!
Udemy features a premium collection of online video courses and tutorials covering a wide range of topics – including drones!
Nevada Drone Laws
The following are the drone-related laws and regulations for the state of Nevada, as well as any ordinances or bylaws that have been enacted by cities or towns within the state.
Current Laws consist of pieces of legislation that have been passed and signed into law.
AB11 - Critical Facilities
Expands existing “critical infrastructure” definitions to include transmission lines owned, operated, or maintained by the Colorado River Commission of Nevada.
AB239 - Range of Drone Regulations
- Revises legal definition of “aircraft” to include drones and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Prohibits weaponization of drones.
- Makes it illegal to fly within 500 feet of a “critical facility”, including but not limited to: oil & gas facilities, pipelines, water treatment facilities, power plants, or correctional facilities.
- Cannot fly a drone within 5 miles of an airport without authorization.
- Cannot fly under 250 feet over private property without consent.
- places limits on law enforcement use of drones.
Pending Laws consist of pieces of legislation that have been publicly introduced or debated, but not signed into law.
Includes provision for trespassing with an unmanned aerial vehicle.
Would allow law enforcement officials to seize and impound drones as evidence under certain conditions.
Would provide law enforcement with the authority to seize drones as evidence under certain circumstances.
Other Notes regarding the usage of drones in the state of Nevada.
Sign up for Email Alerts!
The legal landscape for drones is constantly changing. As a drone operator, YOU are responsible for making sure you comply with all relevant laws and regulations. Stay up to date – and on the right side of the law!
Sign up for FREE email alerts to receive a notification anytime the laws for your state get updated!
Restricted Airspace Map
The map below shows airspace is that is prohibited, restricted, or cautionary for drone flight. Click on a specific area for further details, including contact information for local air control towers. This map contains data from the FAA and may not fully reflect the local laws listed above.
Map powered by AirMap, the world’s leading airspace services platform for drones.